Nissan’s first zero-emissions car looks to being available in the US, Europe and the UAE by the end of 2010 or 2011.
* It burns zero gas and produces zero emissions.
* It is 100% electric and looks to be competitively priced—less than $30,000.
* It has speeds up to 90 mph or 145 kph.
* It takes 5 passengers and 5 doors.
* It comes with air bags, premium audio system, Nissan navigation system.
* Fully charged it will run 100 miles or 160 kms.
* It takes 30 minutes to recharge the battery.
It is called the Nissan Leaf. Must relate to its green image, lightness of being and quietness as it flutters around the streets. Perhaps going electric is about turning over a new leaf.
Take a Look at the Leaf
Nissan Leaf: Official US site.
Check out the new site America’s Cup in the UAE.
Fujairah a Great Base for Getting to The America's Cup Venue at RAK, Fujairah in Focus, 11 August 2009.
Dr Geoff Pound
Geoff can be contacted by email at geoffpound(at)gmail.com on Facebook and Twitter.
Image: The Nissan Leaf could be fluttering quietly around the Emirates in 2010-2011.
Saudi: 90-day Amnesty for undocumented migrants - Last week, Saudi Arabia announced an amnesty for irregular migrants. Starting March 29, undocumented migrant workers will be able to avoid fines and penalt...
12 hours ago