A Gulf News article posted online at midday (5 June 2007) reports the following:
* Hoards of onlookers visiting the beach to watch the rising waters.
* Waves getting stronger and higher
* The closing of the Corniche Road between Fujairah and Kalba (south of Fujairah) after it was submerged by sea waters
* The flooding of the Diving Centre and a hotel car park in Khor Fakkan (north of Fujairah)
* Expectations that conditions are only going to get worse.
For more information and pictures check out:
‘Fujairah Hit by Cyclone Gonu’, Gulf News, 5 June 2007.
Image: People taking to the streets to experience the rising waters.
1 Million migrants expected to leave during Saudi Amnesty - Saudi authorities expect 1 million expats to avail of the amnesty which began on March 29, 2017. Around 6,000 Pakistanis nationals in the cities of Jeddah...
6 days ago