During the Festival of Thinkers hosted in Abu Dhabi last week I posted some first impressions of Abu Dhabi by a journo accompanying the American tour group.
There is a story by another writer for the New York Social Diary Site entitled: ‘Half Way Across the World’.
It is worth a quick look for two reasons:
To read some of their first impressions and to see some of the photos they have posted for their New York social crowd.
Some of their first impressions of the UAE and Abu Dhabi included:
* The heat
* The habit of many in the UAE to leave their car AC on while parked so they will be cool when they return to drive
* The business boom and challenging employment opportunities
* The pictures of Emirati leaders in many hotels and other buildings
* The vision of Emirati leaders
* The Emirates Palace as “a milestone of [UAE] achievement.”
‘Half Way Across the World’, New York Social Diary, 26 October 2007.
Image: Interior of Emirates Palace
1 Million migrants expected to leave during Saudi Amnesty - Saudi authorities expect 1 million expats to avail of the amnesty which began on March 29, 2017. Around 6,000 Pakistanis nationals in the cities of Jeddah...
4 days ago