This is one of the 14 short video clips prepared by Emirates Airline to give people a taste of Dubai before they fly.
What are the things you could see on a visit to Dubai?
* See old Dubai and get a feel for the rich Middle Eastern heritage
* Watch the ancient craft of dhow building
* Browse the museum and picture the way the fort was used to protect the early residents
* There are the souks (markets) for gold, spices and textiles—so much to see, touch, taste, smell and hear
* The feast for the senses continues at the fish market and the fruit and vege market
* See the skyscrapers
* Visit the mosques
* Get out into the desert on a 4WD and ride a camel
See for Yourself
Sightseeing in Dubai, Discover Dubai, YouTube, 23 August 2009. Check out others in this series.
On Related Sites
The Things that Jump Out of Fujairah Dumpsters, Fujairah in Focus, 28 September 2009.
Readying Al Hamra Island for the America’s Cup in UAE 2010, America’s Cup in the UAE, 28 September 2009.
Dr Geoff Pound
Geoff can be contacted by email at geoffpound(at)gmail.com on Facebook and Twitter.
Ask him for details about advertizing and links on his sites.
Image: Gold souk in Dubai.
Saudi: 90-day Amnesty for undocumented migrants - Last week, Saudi Arabia announced an amnesty for irregular migrants. Starting March 29, undocumented migrant workers will be able to avoid fines and penalt...
11 hours ago