1. When is Ramadan this year?
2. Doesn't Ramadan mean 'fasting' in Arabic?
3. What does 1427AH mean?
4. Arabs are all the same, aren't they?
5. All Arabs are Muslims, surely?
6. We need to book an appointment in three days' time, don't we?
7. What is an Eid?
8. What should I wear?
9. They all speak such good English the proposal can be in English, can't it?
10. Excuse me Mr Abdullah, but what is your Christian name?
11. Iranians are Arabs, aren't they?
12. He seems to be very nice so shall we have him as our Agent/Sponsor?
Jeremy Williams says:
“IF YOU ASK THESE▲OR SIMILAR QUESTIONS, DON'T GO TO THE GULF YET!
SPEAK TO HANDSHAIKH LTD FIRST” (especially the last three!).
If you can’t get to one of Jeremy Williams’s seminars, the next best thing is to buy a copy of his book: Don’t they Know it’s Friday?
A review of this book can be found at this link:
Reviewing Books and Movies.
Dr. Geoff Pound
Image: His Highness Shaikh Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan welcoming a guest.